Landau Forte SCITT is an accredited ITT provider offering secondary school based teacher training experience alongside an exciting research-based curriculum. We offer outstanding education to students from all over the city, at our over-subscribed, diverse academy in the heart of Derby. So, who better to train and educate you then our experienced professionals. We believe that with the support of skilled subject specialists, supportive teacher educators and passionate, dedicated mentors we can give you the best teacher training experience in Derby.
Our trainee teachers benefit from high quality bespoke training and personal support during their training year. That is why they speak about our provision so highly. Our subject specialist training is outstanding and taught in very small groups so trainees really excel in their subject knowledge, which we believe is at the heart of becoming a great teacher.
Our vision, as a provider of teacher education, is to train enthusiastic individuals who will be passionate about improving outcomes for all students, but especially the most disadvantaged and those with SEND. We hope that, like the majority of our alumni, you will stay and work in the region and make a difference to our local communities.
Each partner school has a similar vision to us and together we are able to share excellent practice and the most recent innovations with trainees. You may be based in any of our partner schools with our well trained, dedicated mentors who will offer you bespoke training to meet your needs and experience and outstanding support at the start of your teaching career.
Why choose to train, teach and work in Derby and Derbyshire?
Training and teaching in Derby offers the best of both worlds – multicultural city life on the doorstep of a stunning rural environment. Derby is at the heart and centre of the country and has great transport links such as East Midlands Airport and train links to all areas of the country.
Derbyshire is an area of great natural beauty with picturesque towns and villages, historic churches and grand houses such as Chatsworth and Hardwick Hall. It is the location of Britain’s first National Park – the Peak District National Park, which is the world’s second most visited National Park.
Derby is home to global businesses like Rolls Royce, Bombardier and Toyota and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Derwent Valley Mills, the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution and the modern factory.
Why choose to train, teach and work in Tamworth?
We also have partner schools within our trust, which are located in Tamworth. Located in Southern Staffordshire the heritage town has a rich and fascinating history as the capital of the ancient Kingdom of Mercia and some of that heritage can still be seen and explored to this day. Located at the very heart of the Mercian Kingdom, the Mercian Kings spent most of their time in Tamworth between the 7th and 9th centuries. It is believed that a royal palace was situated on the site close to St Editha’s Church by the end of the 7th century.
Today you can visit Tamworth Castle, discover picturesque parks, a real snow ski slope, leisure facilities, theme park, and a great retail offering.
Derbyshire has taken centre stage in everything from Hollywood blockbusters to gritty television dramas. Here are the headline acts that have been launched in the area;
- Chatsworth – Setting for the film of Jane Austen’s novel Pride and Prejudice
- Derwent Valley – Setting for the war film The Dam Busters
- Dovedale, Lindale and Ilam Hall – Luscious white peak landscapes that appeared in the latest version of Robin Hood
- Hardwick Hall – Elizabethan splendour transformed by 21st century technology into Malfoy Manor in Harry Potter.
Enjoy music, the arts, national and internationally acclaimed festivals such as:
- Derby Festé
- Live performances at Derby Theatre
- The QUAD, hosting the very best international quality art and film
- The Joseph Wright Gallery at Derby Museum
- Deda is a centre for excellence in the world of dance performances, classes and visual art
Our Partner Schools
We usually decide placements when recruitment closes and we carefully match our trainees with a school where we feel the trainee can make the most progress during their training year. Our fantastic partner and contrasting school placements for 2021-22 will be based at:
- Bemrose School, Derby
- City of Derby Academy, QEGSMAT
- Derby Cathedral School
- Frederick Gent School, South Normanton, Derbyshire
- Landau Forte College Derby
- Landau Forte Academy Amington, Tamworth
- Landau Forte Academy QEMS, Tamweorth
- Noel Baker Academy (a L.E.A.D. Academy)
- Saint Benedict, A Catholic Voluntary Academy, Derby
- Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School, Ashbourne, Derbyshire
We offer the following subjects (age range 11-16) as SCITT accredited places in:
- Modern Foreign Languages (Spanish)
- Physical Education
- Design and Technology (Product Design)
- Business (14-19)