We collaborate with other ITE providers to try and promote the benefits of living and working in Derby.
Training and teaching in Derby offers the best of both worlds – multicultural city life on the doorstep of a stunning rural environment. Derby is at the heart and centre of the country and has great transport links such as East Midlands Airport and train links to all areas of the country.
Derbyshire is an area of great natural beauty with picturesque towns and villages, historic churches and grand houses such as Chatsworth and Hardwick Hall. It is the location of Britain’s first National Park – the Peak District National Park, which is the world’s second most visited National Park.
Derby is home to global businesses like Rolls Royce, Bombardier and Toyota and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Derwent Valley Mills, the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution and the modern factory.
Derbyshire has taken centre stage in everything from Hollywood blockbusters to gritty television dramas. Here are the headline acts that have been launched in the area;
- Chatsworth – Setting for the film of Jane Austen’s novel Pride and Prejudice
- Derwent Valley – Setting for the war film The Dam Busters
- Dovedale, Lindale and Ilam Hall – Luscious white peak landscapes that appeared in the latest version of Robin Hood
- Hardwick Hall – Elizabethan splendour transformed by 21st century technology into Malfoy Manor in Harry Potter.
Enjoy music, the arts, national and internationally acclaimed festivals such as:
- Derby Festé
- Live performances at Derby Theatre
- The QUAD, hosting the very best international quality art and film
- The Joseph Wright Gallery at Derby Museum
- Deda is a centre for excellence in the world of dance performances, classes and visual art